This 2-hour virtual training will provide a general overview of the cultural, social, and historical factors that have had and continue to have a significant impact on the lives of American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/ANs) families. The concept of wellness which incorporates the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health of AI/AN people will be discussed as a framework to effectively address the strength and resiliency in working with AIANs. It is important to recognize the strengths and resiliency of AIANs families as well as the values, identity, culture, and traditions that can assist in promoting positive changes.
More Upcoming Events
- MAT Improves Emergency Department Efficiency: Lessons from CA Bridge Nurse Leaders December 6, 2023 9:00 am
- MAT Training Series December 7, 2023 9:00 am
- Reducing Death from Substance Use Disorders: A Bridge Vision and Call to Action December 11, 2023 9:00 am
- MAT Training Series December 12, 2023 11:00 am
- Empowering Communities in Overdose Prevention: A 2023 NOPN Year in Review December 13, 2023 11:30 am