Tribal Urban Indian Provider Training – QPR Training. QPR stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer — the 3 simple steps anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help. Each year thousands of Americans, like you, are saying “Yes” to saving the life of a friend, colleague, sibling, or neighbor. This is an emergency mental health intervention for persons with thoughts of suicide, as well as considerations when opioid, stimulant, or other substance use is involved. The curriculum focuses on individuals ages 12 to adults. The curriculum teaches includes warning signs that someone may be thinking about suicide, ways to ask about suicide, and persuade the individual to accept help and make a referral to safety. This training will focus on culturally informed strategies for utilizing the QPR in California Indian country.
More Upcoming Events
- MAT Improves Emergency Department Efficiency: Lessons from CA Bridge Nurse Leaders December 6, 2023 9:00 am
- MAT Training Series December 7, 2023 9:00 am
- Reducing Death from Substance Use Disorders: A Bridge Vision and Call to Action December 11, 2023 9:00 am
- MAT Training Series December 12, 2023 11:00 am
- Empowering Communities in Overdose Prevention: A 2023 NOPN Year in Review December 13, 2023 11:30 am